Wall Mount Enclosure
Like the name suggests, a wall mount enclosure is a cabinet designed to attach to a wall. These smaller enclosures save floor space and often fit in areas where other racks and enclosures can’t. They can be open frame racks or enclosed cabinets, and you can adapt them to floor-standing applications by adding rolling casters.
At American Products, our wall mount enclosures can be used indoors and outdoors and offer wide-ranging functionalities, including power distribution, fiber termination, telecommunications, security and surveillance, cellular backhaul, industrial controls, and CATV. Essentially, our wall mount cabinets offer the ultimate in affordable utility.
Benefits of Choosing a Wall Mount Enclosure
Wall mounting racks organize telecommunications equipment into standardized assemblies that make efficient use of space and other resources. Depending on the configuration options you choose, your wall-mounted enclosure can also improve power protection, cooling, cable management, physical security, and ease of installation and offer protection from harsh environmental conditions. In short, choosing a wall mount enclosure over your standard cabinet can be beneficial in the following ways:
- They can easily adapt to your existing space.
- They maximize small work areas.
- They come in a wide range of customizable options.
- You get the same protection capabilities you’d expect from a floor-standing enclosure.
- They can be made with the same quality materials as a full-sized cabinet.
Choosing the right wall-mounted enclosure and configuring it to match your needs will ensure that your telecommunications equipment operates reliably and efficiently. Let our team of experts help you select or develop the perfect indoor or outdoor product for your telecommunications business.
Wall Mounting Options at American Products
At American Products, we offer four wall mount enclosures:
- Wall Mount – 12 Connector Enclosure – Model: AM-FWM: This enclosure is used in areas with limited space and controlled access to the environment. It’s ideal for cross-connect, splice management, or both, and its complementary adapter plate accommodates up to 12 fibers. It features aluminum construction, a powder-coated finish, and a smoked Lexan door.
- Wall Mount – 16 Connector Enclosure – Model: AM-202: This cabinet has a 16-fiber capacity and is made of powder-coated aluminum with stainless steel hardware. It’s designed for indoor applications to terminate low fiber counts, and cables can enter from the top or bottom due to a dual-door design.
- Wall Mount – 48 Connector Enclosure – Model: AM-206: Able to accommodate 48 adapters, this indoor enclosure is constructed of powder-coated aluminum and stainless steel hardware. It’s designed to terminate low fiber counts and features a dual-door design and a padlock hasp on the top of the enclosure.
- Wall Mount – Splice Storage /w Slack – Model: AM-50-SDC: This cabinet is designed to transition outdoor-rated cable to indoor-rated cable with its 12 splice trays. It can also store up to 75 feet of fiber optic cable and features a dual-door design and a padlock hasp on top. It is made of powder-coated aluminum with stainless steel hardware.
All of our metal enclosures are designed to or meet NEMA standards. You can look through our catalog of products to learn more about our enclosures, or contact us with questions. We would love to hear from you!